Welcome, Guest.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions. You may have to Login or Register, before you can post: click the register link below to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Official Gordon Korman Web Site

HomeHelpSearchQuizzesLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Brandon Sanderson (again) (Read 2,664 times)
Topic Description: A couple of cool short stories
Jon
Topic Starter Topic Starter
YaBB Administrator
Head Honcho

Gordon Korman ROCKS!

The Moonshine State, Florida, USA
Mood:

Fave GK Title: Son of Interflux
Fave GK Character: Artie Geller
Show the link to this post Brandon Sanderson (again)
12/21/09 at 10:02pm

So on the SF forum, I recommended one of Brandon's mainstream fantasy books, and in here I have kind of plugged his scifi kids' fiction books, the Alcatraz series.

Well, tonight, I have read a couple of short stories he has written, and they have both been cool, fun, and interesting.

One was just released on his web site a few days ago, as a sort of Christmas present. It can be read here: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It is an interesting first-contact kind of story that includes, as part of it's odd set-up, one of the phone companies becoming the most powerful organizations on Earth.

The other is on his publisher's web site, at TOR Books. It can be found here: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If you can stomach sci-fi at all, give the two stories a read, and see what you think. Come back here, comment on how you enjoy them, and I'll point you to more stuff by Brandon that you can read for free ... anything to help spread the word.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Have you read Pop yet?

"Kill the old guy!" -- No Coins, Please

"Me, Sir? Pool, Sir? I don't know how to swim!" -- Bruno Walton, Go Jump in the Pool

"Look, a thundering herd of clones!" -- Rudy Miller, I Want to go Home

I am not Fek'lhr!

Where are we going in such a hurry? And why am I in this hand basket?
IP Logged

termite
Global Moderator

nesting

Beaver Bank, Nova Scotia, Canada
Mood:

Fave GK Title: Flux
Fave GK Character: Cementhead
Show the link to this post Re: Brandon Sanderson (again)
Reply #1 - 12/23/09 at 2:24pm

Very enjoyable, I hardly noticed the melodious snoring of Cementhead as I was reading.

pfftermite pfftermite  
IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Administrator
Head Honcho

Gordon Korman ROCKS!

Mood:

Reply #2 - 10/29/10 at 10:38pm

Stop! People who are Unclear about the Concept of Short Stories Time  Stop!

So in the last two years, Brandon has written three 1000 page novels, and he has decided to take a couple of months off during this time to kind of recharge his batteries.

During this time he decided he would write another short story.

The short story is now over 40,000 words long, which makes it officially a short novel according to some organizations. (That would come to between 120 and 160 pages the way most books are typeset.)  Bwahaha

Some people just don't get the concept of short story.

Have you read Pop yet?

"Me, Sir? Pool, Sir? I don't know how to swim!" -- Bruno Walton, Go Jump in the Pool

I am not Fek'lhr!

IP Logged

Bracamontes
Secaucus, NJ

Gordon Korman ROCKS!

Fave GK Title: unsure
Fave GK Character: unsure
Reply #3 - 09/07/18 at 8:35am

Nice to see some Brandon fans from that long ago. Is anyone else enjoying Brandon's books? He has become a true master of writing.

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Administrator
Head Honcho

Gordon Korman ROCKS!

Mood:

Reply #4 - 09/12/18 at 9:59pm

Brandon remains a fabulous writer with tons of great books he continues to produce ... but this site no longer has much traffic able to discuss it.

Sorry!

Have you read Pop yet?

I am not Fek'lhr!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print

Link to This Topic